NZIDT is responsible for the management of all information obtained or created during the performance of inspection activities. It will:
- Protect all information obtained or created during the performance of it inspection activities
- Inform its client, in advance, of the information it intends to place in the public domain. Otherwise, all other information is regarded as confidential.
- Treat as confidential about the client obtained from sources other than the client (e.g. complainant, regulators)
A services contract between NZIDT and the client containing confidentiality controls must be signed by both parties client prior to engagement.
It is also the responsibility of all NZIDT staff to abide by the following policy:
- Regard as strictly confidential any information concerning the business affairs and technical processes of an operator.
- Only provide information relating to an operator in accordance with the Animal Products Act 1999 to NZMPI relevant staff and as appropriate to operator’s authorised representatives and overseas reviewers.